Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 2022 December 1st
- Conditions shall have the meaning given in clause 2;
- Booking means the booking made by a Participant in order to participate in the Cycling Camp;
- Fee means the amount paid or payable in consideration for your participation in the Cycling Camp;
- Cycling Camp means the Cycling Camp organised by us that you register to participate in;
- Cycling Camp Dates mean the announced dates of the Cycling Camp;
- Rules means all of the health and safety and course and access rules and regulations provided to you, posted at the Villa or on the website www.sacalobra.cc;
- Villa means the place we will accommodate you at during the Cycling Camp;
- Equipment means the items to be supplied (including but not limited to cycling kits, helmet, bike computer, heart rate monitor, powermeter, etc) for the duration of the Cycling Camp and which have to be returned at the end;
- We / us / our / organizer / staff means SCCC EVENTS, a French compay (registration number/SIREN : 882111826), with an address at 29, rue de Favreuse, 91430 Vauhallan, FRANCE;
- You / your / yourself / participant / rider means the person named on the Booking who will be participating in the Cycling Camp.
In these conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
- By registering for a Cycling Camp, you acknowledge your understanding and acceptance of these conditions, any further terms and conditions provided to you by us in respect of the Cycling Camp from time to time, the Rules, and any instructions given to you by the staff at the Cycling Camp (together, the Conditions).
Items not covered by your booking
- The following items are not covered by your Booking unless otherwise stated in these Conditions:
- Travel insurance or other insurance coverage for your belongings (including sports equipment you take with you on your trip), involvement in Participatory Activities or personal public liability coverage.
- Any flights, baggage, or meal detailed in your individual travel itinerary.
- The cost of any required visas, passports or other travel authorisations.
Payment and Registration Details
- The Participant shall not be entitled to participate in the Cycling Camp until full payment of the Fee has been received by SCCC EVENTS. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until the organizer has received cleared funds.
- To complete your Booking you will be required to pay a 150 euro deposit to us unless this is within 4 weeks of arrival, in which case the full amount for the booking is payable. Once confirmed, the Booking deposit and any additional charges paid will not be refunded in the event of cancellation except in the circumstances specified in clause 7 or as otherwise required by law.
- This is your only commitment until 4 weeks before you go. After you have completed your Booking, we will send you an invoice showing your balance. You must pay the amount on the last Invoice issued by us, at least 4 weeks before the arrival date. If you don’t, we reserve the right to treat your Booking as cancelled and to charge you a cancellation charge up to 50% of the total on that last invoice, in accordance with the scale in clause 8.
- You confirm that the email address and personal details you provide to us are all accurate, correct and up to date.
Cancellation by Us
- We reserve the right to cancel the Cycling Camp if circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise which affect the safety and security of the participants or affect our ability to hold the Cycling Camp, including, without limitation, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism or inclement weather conditions;
- Where practicable, we will provide written notice of cancellation to the email address we hold for you. In the event notice by email is not practicable due to timescales we will use reasonable endeavours to provide other suitable methods of notice including phone call, text message and updates to our website;
- In the event of cancellation of the Cycling Camp, you may be entitled to either a refund or replacement Cycling Camp from us of equivalent or similar standard and price, if we are able to offer you one. Should you choose this option the terms and conditions of your Cycling Camp will not change and these Conditions will still apply to your Booking. We will refund the difference in price if the replacement Cycling Camp is of a lower price. We will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for travelling or associated expenses.
Changes to the Cycling Camp by us
- We reserve the right to make any amendment to the Cycling Camp (including but not limited to the location of the Villa) that we deem necessary in order to stage the Cycling Camp. Any changes to the Cycling Camp will be communicated to you at the Cycling Camp or sooner if practicable.
- If the Villa is advertised at a specific location but we are required, or decide, to change it, you acknowledge and confirm that you agree to any such amendment to the Cycling Camp and that your booking is not cancellable or refundable due to such a change to a Cycling Camp.
- If we change the Cycling Camp Dates from that advertised at the time you submit the Booking, we shall notify you of such change in writing. You will have a guaranteed place in the Cycling Camp on the new Cycling Camp Dates. If you accept these dates you will be liable for all costs, in respect of the Cycling Camp on the new Cycling Camp Dates, including, without limitation, in respect of travel and accommodation. If you are unable to attend the Cycling Camp on the new Cycling Camp Dates or do not wish to accept them, you may receive a refund of the Cycling Camp Fee. We will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for travelling or associated expenses, or any other losses you incur as a result of the Cycling Camp Dates changing other than as is set out in this clause 7.
Your participation at the Cycling Camp
- You shall not be entitled to participate in the Cycling Camp unless you are 18 years old on the Cycling Camp Date.
- We and/or staff at the Cycling Camp may prohibit or ask anyone to cease participation in the Cycling Camp and/or immediately remove anyone, if they believe:
- Such person has disobeyed and/or breached, as relevant, any applicable Conditions, directions, instructions, decisions, or laws; or
- Such person’s behaviour endangers safety or may damage or harm the environment, cause offence, otherwise cause a risk or potential risk to health and safety, or is otherwise inappropriate for the Cycling Camp or Villa; or
- Such person failed to arrive at the Cycling Camp at the specified time or location. The Organizer is not responsible for any impact on your ability to participate in the Cycling Camp as a result of delayed or cancelled flights; or
- Such person is unfit to participate in the Cycling Camp due to the excessive consumption of alcohol. You agree to take full responsibility for any alcohol that you consume at the Cycling Camp; or
- Such person uses performance-enhancing drugs or other doping behaviour at the Cycling Camp. Sa Calobra Cycling Club has in place a set of anti-doping rules that all participants must abide by. The anti-doping rules are consistent with the World Anti-Doping Code, which governs anti-doping internationally; or
- Such person is unfit to participate in the Cycling Camp due to an injury or illness; or
- Such person has an excessive, noisy or inappropriate behavior against other participants, staff or local people.
- If we ask you to cease participation in the Cycling Camp, you must return any items supplied (including but not limited to cycling kits, helmet, bike computer, heart rate monitor, bike hire and powermeter) to us or staff member.
Cancellation by You
- If you want to cancel your Booking, you must contact us as soon as possible. To cover the cost of processing your cancellation, and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your arrangements, we’ll make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. You are responsible for paying this charge, as follows:
- More than 4 weeks before arrival : deposit only (150 euros).
- Less than 4 weeks : 100%.
- Your participation in the Cycling Camp can not been postponed and/or rescheduled for other dates. If you are unable to participate in the Cycling Camp for any reason you will not receive a refund of the Cycling Camp Fee, any booking fee and/or any other costs you have incurred (travel, etc) in connection with your entry into the Cycling Camp.
Your Personal Information
- You agree that we can use the personal information that you provide to us when registering for or in connection with the Cycling Camp in the case of an emergency - the emergency contact details and medical information you provided may be used to allow medical assistance to be given to you.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and you may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters from us or request that your information be removed from our website or corrected by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking on the unsubscribe link in such correspondence.
Photos and Videos
- The Cycling Camp may be recorded. Videos, photographs and other recordings may be taken, where you may be captured participating in the Cycling Camp. You agree to the publication of such photographs, videos, recordings, and/or likenesses of you (whether edited, adapted, modified or copied) and their use by us and those authorised by us, without prior notice or compensation, in any way which we may see fit now or in the future including but not limited to film, broadcast, radio, TV, publications, future events and publicity.
- You acknowledge that we have the full right to sell and/or profit from the commercial use of such photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and/or likenesses of you.
Your Safety at the Cycling Camp
- You acknowledge that the Cycling Camp may involve strenuous physical exercise or other factors which could involve personal risk and you fully understand and accept that:
- Your participation in the Cycling Camp may result in serious bodily injury and/or death to yourself or others;
- The Cycling Camp will be held on public roads and upon which hazards are to be expected;
- Where the Cycling Camp involves strenuous physical exertion you may be required to be active for very long periods of time, including through inclement and/or very hot weather.
- You should not enter and participate in the Cycling Camp unless you are medically able and properly trained and it is your responsibility to monitor your own physical condition throughout the Cycling Camp.
- You warrant to us that on the Cycling Camp Date you will be in good health and in proper physical condition to safely participate in the Cycling Camp and that you are aware of the risks of participating in the Cycling Camp. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you do not attend the Cycling Camp and seek medical advice.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- You will adhere to the Rules and all instructions given by our staff at all times;
- You will comply at all times during the Cycling Camp with all applicable local laws;
- You will stop and assist any other participants/attendees of the Cycling Camp in need of medical attention and alert a member of our staff as soon as possible;
- You will always wear a cycling helmet when riding;
- Since the Cycling Camp is outdoors you recognise that it may take place in varied or adverse weather conditions. You are expected to prepare yourself for the conditions of the day accordingly;
- You agree not to drop litter on any part of the Villa, surrounding areas or on the road during the rides;
- You shall not use any performance-enhancing drugs or other doping behaviour during your participation in any course at the Cycling Camp.
- You consent to medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to you and waive any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency and/or injury. You understand that no medical care may be available, but if it is, you assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of your participation in the Cycling Camp and any treatment you may receive. You acknowledge and understand that it is your personal responsibility to arrange for insurance coverage for the Cycling Camp if you wish to be covered by insurance. We will not provide insurance coverage for your participation in the Cycling Camp.
- You understand and agree that you must fill in the contact and medical information fields when you register. It is your responsibility to ensure that this information is correct. We will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or mis-treatment/mis-diagnosis that may result from any such information being inaccurate, misleading or incomplete. This medical information will only be used by us to assist in the giving of medical treatment, if required, during the Cycling Camp.
Your Personal Belongings
- We accept no responsibility for the loss of, or theft, or damage to any property owned by or under the control of you which you bring to the Cycling Camp. You are solely and personally responsible for the safety of your belongings.
- By riding one of our bikes, you hereby declare that:
- You have the necessary experience to use it, and that you have tested and checked its perfect working condition;
- You will notify the Organizer of the staff immediately of any eventual malfunctions;
- You will not use the bike improperly and authorize the Organizer to charge you for all eventual costs in case of damages to the bicycle during the Cycling Camp;
- In case of theft, you will be responsible for reimbursing the Organizer for the original purchase price of the bike, plus the cost of any accessories that were provided at the time of the bike rental.
- On the first day, the Participant will receive all his Equipment and must return it the day before the departure by 10:00 PM at the latest.
- Ordinary wear or dust (which can be quickly cleaned off) will not result in a damage assessment. Anything more severe than this, or anything affecting the functionality of the equipment, will be considered damage.
- You will notify the Organizer of the staff immediately of any eventual damage;
- You authorize the Organizer to charge you for all eventual costs in case of damages to any of the Equipment supplied during the Cycling Camp;
- In case of theft, you will be responsible for reimbursing the Organizer for the original purchase price of the missing item(s).
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of France, excluding these conflict of law rules.
- WE BOTH AGREE TO ARBITRATE: You and SCCC EVENTS agree to resolve any claims relating to these Terms through final and binding arbitration.
- WHAT IS ARBITRATION: Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court and seeks to resolve disputes more quickly.
- In any circumstances where the Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes permits the parties to litigate in court, the governing laws of France shall apply. You further expressly consent and agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of a court of competent juridiction located in France.
Other Important Terms
- If any court or relevant authority decides that any of the clauses are unlawful, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
Can't find what you are looking for? Get in touch with us.
We will respond within 24 hours. If you don't see an email from us, please check your spam folder!